Monday, September 28, 2026

Confessions of an Automationeer, Part 264: Inset Roof and Pillar Linings under 3D Fixture Roofs

Confessions of an Automationeer, Part 264: Inset Roof and Pillar Linings under 3D Fixture Roofs

I've been experimenting with the idea of placing inset 3D fixture roof and pillar linings under a separate 3D fixture roof, and after some trial and error, I managed to get the right size, shape, and placement for the upper interior fixtures, as follows:








Above, from top: An inset placement for these 3D fixture upper interior components (pillars and roof), combined with surface alignment and 2D conforming, helps them stay hidden under the 3D roof fixture I fitted to this build as a replacement for the stock roof.

As for the rest of this build, it's still a work in progress, but with all of the upper interior fixtures in place, it's off to a decent start.

No comments:

Post a Comment